For the cake
3 beaten eggs
½ sachet of baking power
For the syrup
Juice from 2 lemons
Preheat the oven at [180ºC].
- Mix the butter and sugar until you get a light and frothy mixture, then add the eggs one at the time while continuing to mix. Gently stir in the flour and lemon peel.
- Pour the mixture into a buttered loaf tin and bake for 1h1 / 4-1h1 / 2, until the centre is well cooked and the dough is nicely browned.
- Take out the oven but leave the cake in the loaf tin.
- To make the syrup: heat the juice of the lemons with the sugar until it melts then boil for 15 seconds. Pour the syrup on the cake into its loaf tin and let cool.
- Once cooled, the lemon syrup forms a crust.
- Remove it from loaf tin just before serving.
Leave a Reply