For 8 people, Oil to cook
500 g lamb meat – shoulder or neck (or beef) diced
2 or 3 onions sliced
250 g parsnips (or carrots)
One tablespoon of brown sugar
25 ml of stock cube
25 ml white wineS
alt and pepper
5 Bay leaves
One teaspoon of dried basil
- Preparation: 20 minutes | Cooking: 1 hour
- Heat the oil in a casserole and brown the meat and onions.
- During this time, cook the slices of parsnip (or carrots) in a pan with the brown sugar for a few minutes.
- Add the slices of potatoes and parsnips in the casserole. Pour the broth, seasoned with salt, pepper, bay leaves and dried basil. Bring to boil and cook over low heat for 60 to 90 minutes.
- It’s done! Eat with some Soda bread.