Baked Liver and bacon
225g veal liver cut into strips 1 cm wide
4 slices of bacon
175 ml chicken or vegetables broth
1 teaspoon chopped parsley
1 teaspoon chopped onion
1 teaspoon butter + extra for the gratin dish
- Preparation 10 minutes | cooking time 30 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Mix the bread crumbs, parsley, onion, and butter in a bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper and add 1 to 2 tablespoons milk.
- Wash the liver under cold water and dry them.
- Butter the gratin dish and arrange the liver slices.
- Spread the stuffing over it. Then add the bacon slices.
- Pour the broth.
- Cover with a greased aluminium foil.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- Serve the liver crumble on a plate, topped with cooking juices and served with a green salad.