Bacon Stuffed Mussels
24 mussels cleaned
75 g smoked bacon without rind
2 chopped garlic cloves
40 g butter
4 tablespoons thick cream
4 tablespoons dry white wine
4 tablespoons mixed bread crumbs
- Preparation 30 minutes
- Cut the bacon into thin strips to fit 4 small molds or a big one.
- Melt 40 g butter in a large saucepan and sauté half the chopped garlic.
- Add the mussels and pour the white wine.
- Cover and cook until the mussels are open.
- Remove the lid and add the heavy cream.
- Turn off the heat and let cool a few minutes.
- Place the molds on a baking sheet.
- Divide the mussels in molds.
- Mix the chopped garlic with the 20 g of butter and spread over the mussels.
- Add 1/4 cup of the juices from the mussels to each mold.
- Sprinkle bread crumbs on top.
- Pass the mussels under the grill until the crumbs are golden.