170 ml of Guinness
270 g flour
150 g of butter
150 g of brown sugar
200 g of golden raisins
200 g of brown raisins
1 sachet of baking powder
An orange zest
- Preparation 15 minutes | Cooking time 1h20
1. In a bowl mix the soft butter with sugar to obtain a cream.
2. Then add eggs, baking powder, flour, and spices. After obtaining a homogeneous paste, pour
in the Guinness, the raisins and the orange zest.
3. Then preheat your oven to 170 degrees, and pour the mixture into a lightly buttered pan.
Bake it for 1 hour 20 minutes.
4. Once removed from the oven, let it cool for an hour, and wrap it in several sheets of foil until
it is completely covered. Then let it sit for a week in a cool, dry place for the flavours to fully
develop. (The longer you wait, the better it will be).
5. Once the time has elapsed, you can serve your cake at tea time, with a tea or a coffee!
6. Little trick: you can sprinkle it with icing sugar!
Leave a Reply