4 tablespoons of cornflour
60ml of whole or half skimmed milk
1 vanilla pod split in half
2 tablespoons caster sugar
- Preparation: 15 minutes + 1 night in the fridge
- In a large salad bowl, mix cornflour with a little milk.
- In a saucepan, gently heat the remaining milk with the vanilla pod. Be careful not to boil the milk.
- Remove from heat and let the milk sit for 10 minutes.
- Remove the vanilla pod and reheat the milk just to the boiling point.
- Pour the hot milk over the diluted cornflour.
- Mix and return the mixture to the pan as a custard.
- Add the powdered sugar.
- Reduce heat and stir constantly with a wooden spoon until the milk mixture thickens.
- Divide the preparation into the small pudding pans
- Cool and store in refrigerator overnight.
- The next day, unmold the puddings on plate:
Pass the blade of a knife around the pudding.
Dip the mussels quickly in hot water.
Unmold gently on the plates.
- Serve the white puddings with poached fruit or fruit puree or jelly.